Skunks can be annoying mostly due to the dreadful odor. For some, it is so bad it is nauseating. For those who have a skunk in and round your lawn, you are going to want to have it relocated.
Like most pest issues, you want to begin figuring out what brought the skunk to your lawn in the first place. There are numerous things that you can do to prevent this and keep the skunks away. Here are the most effective strategies to keep skunks from coming to your property.
1. Do away with your leaf piles. There will be bugs in those that skunks will visit your lawn to eat.
2. Make sure that there’s a lid and seal on garbage cans. Skunks and other animals find food in your garbage, so do what you can to keep them out.
3. Avoid leaving pet food out which could be retrieved by skunks or other creatures.
4. Keeping lids on those or at least a couple inches of cover will probably work best to keep the skunks out.
5. Use flood lighting. Motion detector products are among the better methods for keeping a skunk off of the lawn and flood lighting is extremely powerful. Skunks don’t like being vulnerable in the light. This may dissuade them off to some other area that’s darker.
6. Use a sprinkler as a different movement sensor apparatus. This may send a gentle burst of water that will frighten the skunk.
7. Make certain to reapply chemicals particularly after a heavy rain. Additionally, there are skunk repellents which you could buy. This may intimidate skunks and help keep them off for Animal Removal Orlando FL.